Seattle Opera is committed to racial equity and to dismantling historic barriers of oppression. People of Color are encouraged to apply and audition for all opportunities listed below.
Auditions for principal roles are by invitation and are offered only to artists who are represented by professional artist management or under very special circumstances. Artists’ representatives should address resumes to:
363 Mercer St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Seattle Opera is looking for one dancer for its upcoming production of La bohème.
By Giacomo Puccini
Choreographed by John Todd
This is a video submission.
- Seattle Opera is looking for one dancer with strong technical and partnering skills. Jazz, ballet, and/or musical theatre background preferred.
- Women, men and non-binary performers encouraged to submit a video reel.
- Please include a current headshot and resume.
- Positions are paid (AGMA contract)
Submit materials to email@example.com.
Show begins rehearsing Apr. 6, 2020
Show dates: May 2, 3*, 6, 8, 9, 10*, 13, 15, 16, 17*; Special school matinee May 19 11a curtain; 2020
Daytime availability for rehearsals required
Please phone (206) 676-5812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Seattle Opera Chorus
The Seattle Opera Chorus is a part time professional chorus. Each chorister is affiliated with the American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA). Choristers should be able to physically perform basic stage direction. When possible, within the artistic parameters of a particular production, Management will make its best effort to make reasonable adjustments when requested. Such adjustments will be made solely at Management’s discretion.
The next Open Chorus Auditions for the Supplemental Chorus roster will take place in the fall of 2020. Please check this page closer to that time for more information. Auditions must be scheduled in advance and are by invitation only. Only residents of the greater Seattle metropolitan area (within a 55 mile radius of Seattle Center) are eligible to work as a member of the Seattle Opera Chorus. No phone calls, please.
Candidates should prepare and memorize three selections in three different languages, one of which must be in Italian. Two selections must be opera arias. The remaining selection may be an art song or an oratorio excerpt. An accompanist will be provided for the use of singers who do not provide their own.
How Your Audition Will Be Judged
Auditions are evaluated on the following criteria:
- a demonstrated level of musicianship with attention to correct pitch, rhythm, dynamics, phrasing, and interpretation
- solid vocal technique
- appropriate diction in the common operatic languages
- large enough sound to carry in the theater
- an appropriate choral sound according to the artistic standard set by the General Director
- the ability to blend the voice
- stage presence
- dramatic sensibility
Main Photo © Rozarii Lynch