Deepen your knowledge with our free Opera Talk series. Join other curious music lovers for an entertaining look at this unique art form, with topics ranging from opera’s rich literature and history to behind-the-scenes insights into how we put these grand productions on stage. Watch past Opera Talks with the videos below, or mark your calendar with upcoming talks listed below.
Past Opera Talks
Creative Resilience: Seattle Opera through the Pandemic and Beyond
Wednesday, September 22 at 7:00 PM | Doors open at 6:30 PM.
Tagney Jones Hall at the Opera Center
Free with RSVP required.
Join us for a behind-the-scenes look at how Seattle Opera adapted its productions to film this past season and how we’re returning to the stage for live performances. The conversation will feature Seattle Opera General Director Christina Scheppelmann, Director of Production Doug Provost, and artists and creative team members from the cast of La bohème. RSVP below.
Learn More & RSVP
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test is required for all Seattle Opera indoor events. Participants must also wear mask at all times regardless of vaccination status. Learn more >
Full online Playlist
To see the full playlist and jump to your favorite, click or tap the icon in the top right corner of the video.
- Interpreting Tosca with Alexandra LoBianco
- Shakespeare Operas
- Lorenzo Da Ponte
- Composer Spotlight on Verdi
- American Operas
- Composer Spotlight on Mozart
- Opera Indulges in the Seven Deadly Sins
- Motifs, from Mozart to the Movies
- Composer Spotlight on Mascagni
- The History of Seattle's Opera House
- Composer Spotlight on Puccini
- Getting to Know our General Director (parts 1 & 2)
- A Bird’s-Eye View: Telling the Story of Charlie Parker through Opera
Last updated June 12, 2020.